Translate

суботу, 5 вересня 2015 р.

"UKRAINE WITHIN ME"


‪#‎Ukrainewithinme‬

"UKRAINE WITHIN ME" 

Next week in ukrainian Lviv within 22 Forum of Publishers will be present patriotic bilingual book "Ukraine within me" from Women's literary club of  Lviv. The book is presented by Ukrainian authors Nica Nicaleo, Lyubov Dolyk, Lesya Olendiy, Iryna Khomyn, Victoria Hranetska, Tetiana Belimova Olga Derkachova, Nataliya Hurnytska. 
Excerpt from my essay "Born in war"
"The one, who doesn't remember his past, is condemned repeat it" - George Santayana, Nobel Laureate. 
War has lived in my heart as a distant echo since the chidhood: since 1944 the oldest father's brother, who fought in the underground of the UPA (The Ukrainian Insurgent Army), spent ten years in exile in Kolyma, the middle brother died the same year, and my father, the youngest one, being a lad replaced the fallen brother, was taken captive, then imprisioned, and later received a ban to reside in western Ukraine. Ironically, my parents met in Donetsk region, where, at that time, dad lived with his family and evicted mother's older sister, who my mother visited on her way from the grandparents. My brother was born in the town Novohrodivka in Donetsk region and spent there all this preschool years. However, the land of waste heaps of Donetsk did not become native to my family..."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/%D0%9E%D0%9B%D0%A3%D0%9A%D0%90/176567169149767?fref=nf&pnref=story


.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар